2021 GMC Sierra 1500 vs. Ford F-150 | St. Charles, IL
Bold, capable, and designed with top-level engineering, the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 and Ford F-150 are pinnacle trucks for any active lifestyle or work crew. Our team at Fox Valley Buick GMC has created this comparison of the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4×2 with a crew cab and short box configuration, starting at $49,195 MSRP, and the 2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 4×2 with a SuperCrew® cab and 5-foot-6-inch Styleside bed configuration, starting at $47,405 MSRP.
Explore our current inventory of 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 models for sale in St. Charles, IL, then browse our available finance and lease offers to take advantage of additional savings. If you have questions, our team can assist when you contact us online or by phone at (630) 338-0202.
2021 GMC Sierra 1500 vs. Ford F-150 Exterior Design
The 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 and Ford F-150 are designed with a muscular appearance and cargo bed features to ease your tasks. Eye-catching LED daytime running lights and 18-inch wheels are equipped on both trucks. The Sierra 1500 provides a MultiPro tailgate with E-Z Lift assist for easy access to the cargo bed, unavailable on the F-150. Additional exterior features on the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT include:
- 18-in. aluminum wheels
- LED daytime running lights, headlights, and fog lights
- Heated, power-folding, auto-dimming outside mirrors
- Outside mirror-integrated turn signals and puddle lights
- MultiPro tailgate with E-Z Lift assist
- CornerStep rear bumper
2021 GMC Sierra 1500 vs. Ford F-150 Interior Design & Technology
The 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 and Ford F-150 interiors provide a welcome contrast to their rugged exteriors. Enjoy plush leather seat trim and heated front seats on both trucks. The Sierra 1500 provides a heated steering wheel, while the F-150 includes ventilated front seats. Adjust the ten-way power driver’s seat of both trucks to your liking, then save your position with the memory system.
In the trims we compared, the Sierra 1500 offers optional tech features such as a head-up display, up to 15 camera views, plus wireless charging, which are unavailable on the F-150. Additional interior and technology features on the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT include:
- Six-speaker audio system
- Wireless Apple CarPlay® / Android Auto™ / Bluetooth®
- Remote start
- HD rear vision camera
- Hitch guidance with hitch view
- In-vehicle trailering app with checklist and alerts
2021 GMC Sierra 1500 vs. Ford F-150 Engine Specs & Fuel Economy
The 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 and Ford F-150 are crafted to take on heavy loads and demanding tasks. Both trucks offer multiple engine options, plus rear-wheel drive (RWD) or four-wheel drive (4WD). Compare engine specs between the Sierra 1500 and F-150 below.
2021 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT
- 355 HP
- 383 lb.-ft. of torque
- 9,500 lbs. max. towing capacity
- 3.0L Duramax® turbo-diesel I6
- 277 HP
- 460 lb.-ft. of torque
- 9,200 lbs. max. towing capacity
- 6.2L EcoTec3 V8** (4WD only)
- 420 HP
- 460 lb.-ft. of torque
- 8,600 lbs. max. towing capacity
* The 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 is not equipped with Active Fuel Management and Dynamic Fuel Management, resulting in reduced efficiency. ** The 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 is not equipped with automatic stop/start. Contact our dealership to determine the availability of these features in the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 that interests you.
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat
- 325 HP
- 400 lb.-ft. of torque
- 10,100 lbs. max. towing capacity
- 3.0L Power Stroke® turbo diesel V6
- 250 HP
- 440 lb.-ft. of torque
- 12,100 lbs. max. towing capacity
- 3.5L PowerBoost™ Full-Hybrid V6
- 430 HP
- 570 lb.-ft. of torque
- 12,700 lbs. max. towing capacity
- 3.5L EcoBoost V6/High-Output V6
- 400 / 450 HP
- 500 / 510 lb.-ft. of torque
- 14,000 lbs. max. towing capacity
- 5.0L V8
- 400 HP
- 410 lb.-ft. of torque
- 13,000 lbs. max. towing capacity
2021 GMC Sierra 1500 vs. Ford F-150 Size & Cargo Space
Enjoy seating for up to six passengers and plenty of cargo space in the 2021 GMC Sierra and Ford F-150. The Sierra 1500 stands out with more available cargo space and interior legroom when compared to the F-150. Compare the size and cargo capacities of the Sierra 1500 and F-150 below.
||2021 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT
||2021 Ford F-150 Lariat
|Cargo Box Style
||5.5 ft. Styleside
|Bed Length (at the floor)
|Front / Rear Legroom
||44.5 in. / 43.4 in.
||43.9 in. / 43.6 in.
2021 GMC Sierra 1500 vs. Ford F-150 Safety Options & Features
Venture out with peace of mind in the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 or the Ford F-150. Both trucks are equipped with advanced airbag systems, traction and stability control systems, and passive security systems. The Sierra 1500 includes teen driver technology and a brake pad wear indicator, while the F-150 provides curve control, pre-collision assist with automatic emergency braking, lane keep assist, and a reverse sensing system.